Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Month Today?! Say It Ain't So!

Okie dokie pokie. Been a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time since I've posted. I've really got no good reason, unless you count "just didn't feel like it" as a valid reason. It's actually been a month TODAY since my last post. That is insane. I've been thinking about posting, but just hadn't gotten around to it.

My evenings (prime blogging time) have been occupied by eating supper, bathing, fixing my lunch for the next day, and checking to see if the bloggers that I follow have posted another post since I looked last (on the way home from work...can you say "addiction"?). Anyway, by the time all is said and done, it's pretty much bedtime or I can't think of anything good to blog about. I'm trying, I really am! :-)

So, since I've blogged last, I have made a few lovely meals. I made an AMAZING Tomato Macaroni Soup. I made it on a Sunday and ate it for lunches for the week. It was sooo good and it just kept getting better as the week went on. I will DEFINITELY be making that one again! This weekend, I think.



I also made some Salmon with Zucchini (http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/salmon-provencal-zucchini-ghk0208?click=recipe_sr). Wow, soooo freaking good.





My wonderful better half made me some catfish awhile back, as well. I cut up a tomato to go with it (added some EVOO and S&P to the tomato). It was so yummy!



I also made another batch of Poop Soup (see last post) since the last time I made it. It is so easy to make, it's crazy. I highly recommend it.

Ohhhhhh, I FINALLY tried LARABARS!!! I LOVE THEM!!! I tried the following so far:
  • Key Lime Pie
  • Cherry Pie
  • Cocoa Coconut

I usually eat about half of one at a time (usually after a trip to the gym). Tomorrow (if I go to the gym) I will try the Coconut Cream Pie. I'm very excited!

I'm not really sure if anyone is even reading my blog, so if someone IS out there, PLEASE feel free to leave a comment to at least let me know! I think that is part of the reason that I have had a hard time keeping up with this...I don't think I have any readers, so why bother. I started this blog for myself, so I guess it doesn't matter if anyone reads it, but it would be nice!

I've been doing fairly well at keeping up going to the gym. I still have a really hard time going during the week in the mornings, but I've been pretty good at going on the weekends. I usually go on Sat., Sun., and Monday morning. At least 3 workouts are better than none!

This post is getting long! I really should go to bed. I plan on going to the gym in the morning (lol, I say that EVERY night).

Food that I filled my face with today:
  • Kashi GOLEAN Cereal with Skim Milk
  • Chicken Parmigiana with Pesto Penne from East Side Mario's (leftovers from last night)
  • Grapes
  • Minute Steak with McCain Seasoned Oven Wedges

I think that was about it. Doesn't seem like a lot, but I was out of strawberries, so that was one less snack. I went to the grocery store tonight though, so I picked up a pomegranate, strawberries, and an Asian pear.

Ok, off to bed. One day closer to the weekend, yay!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bacon its MaverickLal101 from tibette.com here to leave you a comment and encourage you to keep up the blog.

Lets get more committed to that gym thing, Ok? Lol.

Cheers.
My blog is here:
http://prernalal.com

BACON said...

Nice to meet you Mav! Thank you for leaving me my first comment and for the encouragement! I will TRY to get more committed to the gym thing...I'm getting OLD now and it's so hard to get my old butt out of bed in the morning. :-) I miss my 20's!

Anonymous said...

Hey chugar! You are in the kitchen so I thought I would comment to let you know that I'm really reading them when you tell me to. Hurry up so we can go to bed! I love you.