Monday, September 22, 2008

Poop Soup

I went to the gym today, yay!! I'm proud of myself...I almost talked myself out of going! We had a very busy day today. I took the day off, so we could go meet the minister and see the chapel where we will be having our upcoming nuptials. Very exciting! It's a little place (seats 20-ish people), but it is cute and cozy. Perfect for us. :-) Now, if only the rings we ordered would come in!


After checking out the chapel, we went and browsed a factory outlet place and then headed to IHOP for some lunch. I had a really tasty Garden Scramble (scrambled eggs with veggies) and I had most of one pancake. It was all very yummy. Then we headed back home for me to get a haircut, go to the gym, and go to the vet's to get the kitten his last shots. He was not very happy with the shot OR the thermometer up his butt! It's all good...he's been running around like nothing happened tonight, so it must not have bothered him too much.

This evening it took FOREVER, but I finally got all of my food items ready for work tomorrow. I cut up my watermelon for the rest of the week, cut up my strawberries, and grabbed my grapes. I also made something I like to call...Poop Soup. No, it's not made of poop, but it DOES LOOK like poop. Mmmmmm, pooooop. It is a Black Bean and Salsa soup. It looks gross, but it tastes pretty good! (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Black-Bean-and-Salsa-Soup/Detail.aspx)

Here is a picture:



Poop...or...soup? You decide. Almost looks like chocolate. Mmmmm, chocolate.

Anyway! On top of each serving in a bowl will be some sour cream and some green onions. I'll report tomorrow on if it was as yummy as it looks, lol.

Food for the day:
  • All-Bran Strawberry Bites w/ milk
  • Garden Scramble and one pancake from IHOP
  • chicken caesar salad

Wow, doesn't seem like I ate a whole lot today, but it was a few things that were high-ish in calories, so it added up.

Anyway, must head to the couch...this "vacation" day WORE ME OUT! LOL!

2 comments:

cls said...

Bacon, sorry to contact you like this. I've been talking to Andie via the tibette.com site and she has been supporting some of my stories and I'm a big fan of her work. She just posted a funny comment on another site on one of my chapters and I want to get her back. Is it possible for you to flick her on the arm with your finger (or better yet her forehead for me?) Just tell her it's from Cher (AKA cls) she won't see that one coming! (smirk)By the way, her poop soup sounds good but don't let her know i said that, i wouldn't want it going to her head. Thanks Cher

BACON said...

Hi Cher!

Nice to finally meet you! I`ve heard a lot about you...all good, don`t worry. ;-) I have flicked her for you, as requested. Anytime you need me to do that, you just let me know. I need to smack her every once and awhile anyway (after talking to her often enough, I`m sure you understand why).

Thanks for reading my blog! Oh, by the way, the Poop Soup was alllll mine! She has only made the chili and wouldn`t be caught dead eating OR making Poop Soup!

Have a great night!
Bacon