Monday, September 8, 2008

Been Awhile...

So...yeah...haven't posted in awhile. Haven't been to the gym in awhile either. Have been eating WAY too many chips and such. Trying to get my lazy ass motivated again. I sure lose motivation quickly. It seems like as soon as I get tired, I lose the desire to exercise and/or eat healthy. All I want to do is lay on the couch...which usually leads to snacking...which usually leads to feeling worse about myself...which usually leads to me not going to the gym. A vicious cycle.

I feel like in my younger days (20's), I would be losing this weight much more easily. It really sucks. It seems like I can keep it up for a week or so and then once I see that I haven't lost anything or have even gained something, I think what the heck is the point. I can't do this for ANOTHER week and not see results! That's what the dumb brain tells me, anyway. I forget the fact that despite the tiredness from getting up early, I feel good about myself and my body feels good from the exercise.

Anyway, this morning I made myself a 8 week challenge. I used to do things, just to see if I could do them (i.e. cutting out caffeine - did that for a few years; cutting out swearing - did that for about a year; etc.). I don't know if I have it in me anymore, but I'm going to see.

This is my 8 week challenge:
  • start date - Sept.8; end date Nov.2
  • exercise at least 4 times per week
  • eat MOSTLY healthy
  • blog every day
  • no chips

Today was my starting date for my personal challenge. While I did not exercise, I ate healthy all day, am currently blogging, and at NO chips! A decent start, I think. I plan to go to the gym tomorrow morning. Part of my motivation seems to come from reading various blogs and forums online. When I'm feeling super unmotivated, I try to read a few threads to remind myself that it's possible to lose weight and that exercise makes a person feel good.

Food for the day:

  • oatmeal
  • strawberries
  • chicken and wild rice soup (made a HUGE batch in the crock pot on the weekend!)
  • apple
  • grapes
  • chicken fried rice
  • half of a banana

So...tomorrow is another day. I WILL get my lazy ass out of bed. I WILL go to the gym. I WILL eat healthy. Then, at the end of the day...I WILL blog!

No comments: