Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Hacker's Diet

Wow, I didn't realize that I hadn't blogged since Wednesday! I've been crazy at work, getting home late, and super freakin tired through the end of the week. Got to sleep in until 7 a.m. this morning...I know, not REALLY sleeping in. However, I DID go back to bed around 9 a.m. and finally got up again around 11.

We have done pretty much nothing today. I like doing nothing sometimes on the weekend, it's nice! It's been a crappy rainy day today and I think it's a rule to lay on the couch most of the day when it's like that outside on the weekend.

Oh, I tried my first day on the first rung of The Fitness Ladder from The Hacker's Diet. It was not too bad. It gives you a few different exercises to do and 15 minutes in which to do it. You're supposed to do each rung for a week (or four days if you are already in ok shape). As you go up the ladder, it gives you more reps of each of the exercises. On the first rung, the only real challenge was the running. You run in place, which one wouldn't think would be all that hard...the catch is that you have to lift your feet 4 to 6 inches. Picture this...chunky girl, still in PJ's (i.e. no bra), running in place, lifting her feet up as high as she thinks 4 to 6 inches is. Now, picture the looks on the two cats' faces. They were looking at me with heads cocked, like I had lost my mind! I couldn't help but laugh. I knew I looked kinda funny. Hey, gotta do what you gotta do.

Anyway, food for the day:
  • two grilled chicken snack wraps from McDonald's
  • Greek chicken and rice (boneless, skinless chicken breast, Greek salad dressing, rice)
  • whey gourmet protein powder with orange juice

No comments: