Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Weight In Pears?

My wonderful partner made pear preserves on the weekend and they turned out so yummy that she went back and bought more pears to make more pear preserves. She started out with 3 pounds of pears, which made 3 jars worth of preserves. Can anyone guess how many more pounds she bought? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

15

pounds

of

pears.

So...tonight I had a pear as one of my snacks! It was pretty good and it took me FOREVER to finish eating it! I cut it up and then had pieces in between songs...we were playing guitar hero. I can officially say that I officially SUCK! She is the master...she plays on Hard, while I barely manage on Medium! :-)

Tried...as usual...to get up for the gym this morning. Actually DIDN'T say, "I don't want to", like a little kid. Instead I thought, "yes, I'll go!". Then...I have no idea. Must have laid back down...the rest is history. So, I am trying another trick...I currently have two alarms. One beside me and one across the room. They are old cell phones, but are different models, so they have different alarm noises. The one across the room is obnoxious, so I turn it off and get back into bed (kind of annoyed). The one beside me is not horrible, but I still turn it off and go back to bed (less annoyed). Perhaps switching them may help. I am at a loss as to what else to try. I'll have to also turn on my back-up back-up alarm (number three). I'll post tomorrow with the alarm success or failure to get my butt out of bed and to the gym.

I keep staring at the last piece of pear on the plate in front of me...I am worried that I will forget that it fell on the floor and actually put it in my mouth. Probably not too bad...if we didn't have a dog and two cats. Ewwww! No matter how much you vacuum, the reminder of them is always there.

I was pretty proud of myself today in the food area of my goals:
  • oatmeal
  • strawberries
  • gazpacho (cold tomato, cucumber, onion, tomato juice, hot sauce, etc. soup)
  • big piece of bread (to go with the soup)
  • apple
  • grapes
  • omelet (tomato, mushrooms, cheese, egg whites)
  • half of a banana
  • pear

I'm also blogging...another good effort for the day. Now...if I could ONLY make it to the GYM!!

No comments: