Sunday, November 23, 2008

Naps, Books, and Soup

Busy week, as usual, lol. The cute little kitten was his usual crazy self pretty much the same night he had his parts removed. In my last post I have a pic of him on a pillow, under a blanket, napping. Let's just say, as soon as he was done his nap, he was fine! Running around, playing etc. I don't think he even knows what's missing on his person! LOL!

So, my soup and bread were AMAZING last week! The bread, which I shared a bit of at work, went over really well and one of my co-workers ended up having some every day! Good thing too, it was too much for just me.

On Friday my better half made me a feast! She made pork roast in the crock pot, potatoes, yeast rolls, and cookies! With the fresh rolls we had some of the honey butter that we picked up at the farmers market awhile ago. So freakin' yummy!

It's been a weekend of catching up on sleep, that's for sure. On Friday night we both napped for about 3 hrs, got up for a couple of hours and then went back to bed. Niiiiice!

On Saturday morning I got up early-ish to go to a HUGE used book sale! Thank you to Anita at No Book Left Behind, whose love of book sales prompted me to look online to see if there were any in my area! As luck would have it, there was a HUGE one about 40 minutes away! It was the 2nd annual used book sale, organized by the branches of a city library. I heard one woman say that last year they had 30,000 books donated and that this year it was more! Crazy!
I did VERY well for myself...I spent $11.50 and got 17 books! They were 50 cents for paperback and $2 for hard cover. Here is the list of titles/authors:
  • The Quickie - James Patterson
  • Cross - James Patterson
  • Four Blind Mice - James Patterson
  • Step on a Crack - James Patterson
  • The Thomas Berryman Number - James Patterson
  • Season of the Machete - James Paterson
  • The Beach House - James Patterson & Peter De Jonge
  • The Jester - James Patterson & Andrew Cross
  • The Hanged Man's Song - John Sandford
  • Hidden Prey - John Sandford
  • The Devil's Code - John Sandford
  • The Manhattan Hunt Club - John Saul
  • Southern Cross - Patricia Cornwell
  • 'O' is for Outlaw - Sue Grafton
  • 24 Hours - Greg Iles
  • Wicked - Gregory Maguire

Wow, that seemed to take FOREVER to type out! LOL! As you can see, when at book sales, I tend to go for just a couple of authors to expand my collection of those particular authors. I LOVE BOOKS!

Let's see...oh, Saturday night we watched Tropic Thunder...it was ok...some funny parts, but a little long for that kind of movie. Oh, also had another 3 hour nap on Saturday afternoon! We LOVE to nap, apparently! LOL! At least I caught up on some of my sleep this weekend. It will be another busy week this week, so I'll need it!

Today (Sunday) we slept in until 10am, ran around doing groceries, etc. I picked up the fixins for my soup of the week. I couldn't decide on a new soup and wanted something relatively easy, so I went for my good old Tomato Macaroni Soup. Yummy!


I got a good shot of it steaming on the stove, yay! The next picture is of the lunches for the week, plus an extra container for one of our friends who enjoys soup. :-)

As usual, I'll have the soup with the 7 Grain Kashi crackers which I have become addicted to. They go so well with this soup. Oh, I also picked up some Liberte Coconut yogurt that sounded good and when I had a taste, I was not disappointed. Not just coconut FLAVOR, but coconut PIECES!! I'm going to add to it some Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Plus Granola. I got the granola a few months ago (some coupon deal where I bought one, got one free). I keep forgetting that I have it! It's VERY tasty! (thank you to Krista's post at Krista's Kravings for reminding me that I have it!)
No post would be complete without a picture of two of the little devils. Damn cats! Quit looking so cute!


Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Wow... congratulations on all the great book sale finds! I'm very impressed! :-)

I'm a James Patterson fan myself, and I have Wicked, but I haven't read it yet... I wonder which one of us will get to read it first! :-D

There's actually a great website called booksalefinder.com, where you can look up all the local book sales in your area and see where they are... I have it bookmarked on my computer at work! :-P

Anonymous said...

OOH honey butter sounds yummy!
and that is QUITE a lot of books you got for a great deal :D

Krista said...

WOW! What a great list of authors! I LOVE James Patterson. That guy rocks!

That granola also rocks! My hand keeps finding itself in the bag, though!

Love your cats!