Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!

I soooo admire all of you who blog every day! I am just so tired during the week, I just can't seem to do it. Work's been crazy and I've been working late fairly often, so by the time I get home, have some supper, organize my lunch and snacks for the next day, and have a shower, I'm super tired! I think I'm going to challenge myself to blog at least once during the week (in addition to my at least once on the weekend post).

I WENT TO THE GYM TODAY, YAY!!! I've been MIA from the gym for at least a week or two, so I'm so glad I finally went. It felt really good. :-)

At the gym (pronounced "guy-m" for those of you who enjoy the Simpsons...which are on right now, incidentally), I did:

  • 5 minute walking warm-up on the treadmill
  • 15 minutes on the elliptical - alternating my speed each minute between normal and fast
  • 10 minutes walking on a 3.5 incline on the treadmill
  • 30 minutes of weight machines and free weights

Food today included the following:

  • tomato, feta, mushroom omelet, a couple of bites of potatoes, and a 1.5 slices of whole wheat toast with a bit of jam
  • apple
  • almond butter
  • shake n' bake porkchop with herb and garlic roasted potatoes

On weekends I seem to forget to eat fruit, but today I was able to fit in most of an apple...my better half ate part of one and gave me the rest. Win win situation!

I keep forgetting to mention...I tried the Coconut Cream Pie LaraBar and I LOVED it! It was so very tasty! I'll buy that one again, for sure! I also tried the Cashew Cookie LaraBar...it was actually a bit dry for my tastes. It only had cashews and dates, so that could be why. All of the other ones that I've tried so far have had a bit more moisture to them. This is the first one that I've had with only two ingredients...the rest have had three or four. I have several more LaraBars that are sitting in the pantry that I need to try...I think the next one I'm going for has something to do with cocoa...anything with cocoa can't be all THAT bad, so I'm hopeful!

On a non-food related note...we got a Wii!!!!! YAY!!! We have Wii Play, Wii Sports, and the Wii Fit...all pretty fun! I just finished the running portion on the Wii Fit...we did the 2 person run, so we had a laughing good time doing that...passing each other AND cheating may have been involved. I wasn't the cheater...guess who it was! LOL! In all fairness, I had been sitting on the couch for about 15 minutes watching her do the other things like balance, yoga, strengthening, etc. So, I was nice and fresh when we started our "run"...so, while I was running, she was standing in place, moving the Wii remote up and down to make it THINK she was running! I know...cheater!

I seem to have quite a bit to say...I really should try to blog more often!

Ok, I've been meaning to post pictures of the damn animals...I say damn because they are all pains in the butt, but are also all damn cute...it's a love/hate relationship really. Ok, mostly love.

Ok, I really need to take the dog out, so I can come back in and sit on the couch again! Night all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, gotta love those damn animals =).

yeaaa the coconut cream pie larabar was so good huh!!

Krista said...

I LOVE YOUR ANIMALS!! Babies! Too cuddly!

I'm SO jealous of your WII. Been trying to get one for months and they're always sold out. Apparently Future Shop has an order due in on Friday....maybe I'll be lucky enough to snag one!! :)

BACON said...

Thank you ladies for your comments! It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself on here, lol!

Madison, I'm hoping to find a sampler pack of the LaraBars at some point. I think they may have it at Costco, but I have to get one of my friends to take me, since I don't have a membership. That place is dangerous and so easy to spend TONS of money, so that's why I don't get a membership!

Krista, we had to order our Wii on the dell.ca site, in order to get one. Everywhere around here was sold out! Crazy popular that thing is! We had to wait a couple of weeks for it, but at least it's here!!

Krista said...

Bacon! I tagged you on my blog!