Saturday, August 23, 2008

My First Blog!

Big day today! Created my first blog and it's also the first day of getting back into losing weight. I HOPE I will be able to keep up with BOTH of those things.

Ok, a bit about me...much easier to put this into a post than into the "about me" section. I'm old...very old...32. Yes, I know...old. You don't have to tell me, my girlfriend tells me all the time. :-) I'm a lesbian, gaymo, queer (whatever suits your fancy) who just proposed to her almost 5 year girlfriend (now FIANCE!) on her 28th birthday a little over a week ago. The big day will be Dec.22, 2008. We can't wait! I thought it would be a good idea to get hitched on our 5 year anniversary...we're always forgetting the actual date, so if we get married on that day and have the date engraved in our rings, problem solved!

So many reasons to get back on the weight-loss wagon...feel better about myself, increase my confidence, look better, lessen the aches and pains of "old age", look cute again, feel cute again, look purdy for our wedding...many many reasons. So hard to get my tired and lazy ass out of bed in the mornings to get to the gym though. The gym is less than 5 minutes away from home, but the best time (for my schedule) is to go in the morning...the EARLY morning...BEFORE the butt crack of dawn. I try to get up at 4:40 a.m., get to the gym just after 5:00 a.m., and be done working out by just after 6:00 a.m. This allows me to go home, get ready for work, catch the train into the city, and be at my desk just before 8:00 a.m. I was very diligent for a good portion of last year, but then, of course, sh*t happens. It's been a rough year so far here...both my mom and my fiance's mom passed away earlier this year. Hard to get out of that "just don't care how much weight I'm gaining" kinda funk. At least with the upcoming nuptuals, we both have new motivation in our weight-loss goals.

So, my starting weight (today) is 173.8 lbs and my goal weight (where I was about 5 years ago - coincidence, I think not!!) is 130 lbs. Yes, I used to be 130 lbs before the love of my life and I got together...they say the more weight you gain when you are with someone, the happier you are. I must be freakin ecstatic!!! My heaviest (I think) was around 190 lbs. I've been up and down my whole life, but being 5'3", 190 lbs was a bit much for me. I knew I needed to lose weight, so we joined a gym last year and I did really well, losing about 20 lbs. Now, I've started to gain a couple of pounds back and have been trying to make it to the gym for weeks now, with no success. I think I've gone maybe once a week in the last month. Anyway, my current short to mid-term goal is to lose 15 to 20 lbs by Dec.22, 2008. I have 4 months to do this, so I know it's doable. I just have to focus and keep at it.

Today, we both went to the gym, yay!!! We plan to go tomorrow as well. This blog will help me to keep track of when I go, what I do while I'm there, and also what I eat during the day. I've been pretty good about keeping a spreadsheet of what I've been eating and the calories that I've consumed, so I'll be listing that kind of thing as well.

I hope you enjoy this blog...feel free to post some comments, thoughts, and/or words of encouragement along the way. I need all the help I can get!!

No comments: