Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ribfest! Mmmmmm!

It was a busy day here! Woke up early (before 9 a.m.)...thanks to the cat, the kitten, and the dog. They do NOT like to sleep in, but they will NAP all damn day long! Little bastards. Anyway, got up and had some breakfast and then headed out to get groceries and such. Came home, had some lunch, then SOMEONE (my better half) laid down for a nap.

I went to the gym! Had a really good workout. Didn't really want to go, but that's usually when I end up having the best workout. Weird. I even tried a couple of new exercises. I've been doing the same old routine for a long time, so I'm trying to incorporate something new every once and awhile. Found a really cool site that shows various exercises (www.physicalfitnet.com).

After the gym we went down to the lake, where they were having Ribfest! It was our first time going and it was pretty tasty! We shared a fresh sqeezed lemonade, a rib, brisket, and chopped pork plate, with cole slaw and beans. Good time was had by all! There were a gazillion people there, wow. Apparently it's the biggest Ribfest around.

Here's a yummy breakdown of my eats today:
  • All-Bran Strawberry Bites w/ milk
  • tomato sandwich w/ Miracle Whip
  • bbq chopped pork (had a few tastes of the brisket and ribs, but the pork is more my thing!); cole slaw and beans

Now it's time for showers and then we're going to lay on the couch and watch the Reno 911 movie. We enjoy the show, so hopefully the movie will be good.

No comments: